Yabancı Diller Okulu İngilizce Öğretim Elemanı Başvurusu (İngilizce)
METU Northern Cyprus Campus
School of Foreign Languages
A. Job Specifications
METU Northern Cyprus Campus School of Foreign Languages (METU NCC SFL) is seeking highly motivated and qualified instructors of English, who are capable of contributing to the maintenance of high standards of tuition at a professionally demanding teaching environment.
Employment at METU NCC SFL is on full-time basis. Besides teaching up to 20 hours a week, instructors are expected to be involved in other job-related duties such as counseling in the Self-Access Center, substitution, course/program/materials development, test production and teacher training/development activities and may also be expected to undertake administrative duties.
At the beginning of each academic year, all new instructors attend the Induction Program, which aims to support them in their adjustment to METU NCC and the SFL.
B. *METU NCC offers
- A high quality, international campus environment
- Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards and other INSETT opportunities at SFL
- • An attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications and years of experience in teaching relevant courses at university level
- On-campus accommodation (Subject to availability for TRNC nationals and residents).
- Air fare and airport transport at the beginning and end of the employment at METU NCC
- Social security and health coverage
*Please visit http://app.ncc.metu.edu.tr/acadpos/academic/Work_and_Liv_METUNCC.php for further information about the working and living conditions at METU NCC.
C. Person Specifications
- *Excellent command of English
- Being successful in all stages of the METU NCC SFL Instructor Recruitment Exam (Please see Part D of this document).
- BA or BS degree (preferably a degree in ELT)
- Preferably, experience in teaching English at university level
- Preferably, a master's degree in a field related to ELT and certification in ELT
- ALES score of minimum 70 (for Turkish citizens)
- Preferably, Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards certification
- Preferably, expertise in one or more of the specialist areas of ELT, namely, in teacher training, curriculum development and test development
* Minimum required English Proficiency test scores for nonnative speakers of English are as follows:
The equivalencies on this table are determined by the Council of Higher Education, (Tur: YÖK Kurulu) which adopts Student Selection and Placement Centre's (Tur: ÖSYM) table of test equivalencies.
D. METU NCC SFL Instructor Recruitment Exams
METU NCC SFL Instructor Recruitment Exams comprise a written exam, an interview and a demo lesson and assess the language proficiency, methodological awareness and teaching skills of the candidates.
- Candidates who fulfill the application requirements, regardless of their academic, professional or L1 background are required to take the METU NCC SFL Instructor Recruitment Exams.
- Only candidates who are successful in the written exam are contacted for the interview and demo lesson.
- The interview and the demo lesson take place consecutively on the same day.
- The exams will take place in two locations: METU Northern Cyprus Campus (School of Foreign Languages) and METU Ankara Campus (Department of Basic English)
Deadline for application: January 20th, 2017
Dates for each exam location:
Northern Cyprus Campus
Written Exam: January 21st, 2017, 10:00
Interviews/Demo Lessons: January 23rd- 25th, 2017
Written Exam: January 28th, 2017, 10:00
Interviews/Demo Lessons: January 29th- 31st
Position start date: February 6th, 2017
Induction: February 6th-10th, 2017
E. Application Documents
- A covering letter specifying how your qualifications, skills and experience match with the requirements of the position,
- An up to date CV, which includes details of your educational background (including details of attained degree/s and graduation CGPA/s) employment history and a current JPEG photo,
- English Proficiency test score and ALES score (see Part C of this document)
- Contact information for three professional referees, including your current or most recent employer (If you have not been employed before, you might specify academic referees.)
F. Application Process
Application documents should be sent electronically to englmetu.edu.tr (englmetu.edu.tr) with "cc" to nccacposmetu.edu.tr (nccacposmetu.edu.tr) as Word file attachments labeled as follows:
Subject: Application to METU NCC SFL
Attachment 1: 'Covering Letter – YOURFULLNAME'
Attachment 2: 'CV – YOURFULLNAME'
Attachment 3: 'Referees – YOURFULLNAME'
Please note the following:
- Applications that fail to adhere to the above specified guidelines will not be processed.
- Copies of qualifications, certificates, letters of reference, and other additional documents are not required at this stage.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the METU NCC SFL Instructor Recruitment Exams.
- METU NCC will not process applications from instructors who have been affiliated to another higher education institution in the TRNC during the 2016-2017 Academic Year.